Ground beef – it’s good for more than tacos!!
We know that ground beef is a staple in basically every meat-eating household, so we thought we would give you a couple new recipes to try out! Finding inspirational recipes that are healthy and taste good can be tough, which is why we picked out a couple of our favorites. Ground beef is usually only used in lunch/dinner recipes, but who made this rule? The first recipe is a really delicious way to bring ground beef into your breakfast routine! These recipes each have different flavor profiles to give you an idea of how versatile ground beef can be.
We are running a huge sale on our ground beef through next Wednesday, April 4th that you don’t want to miss! You can stock up on ground beef and keep it in the freezer for months to come – burger grilling season is right around the corner. Single pounds of ground beef are now on sale for $6.99/lb ($1.00/lb off), 2/3 case ground beef is now on sale for $125 ($15.00 off) and a whole case of ground beef is now on sale for $170.00 ($20.00 off). Remember you also get a ton of ground beef if you order a Quarter Cow Bulk (or bigger)!
* Reminder that sales cannot be combined with other coupons or meat membership cards
Beef, Potato & Egg Bake
1lb Together Farms 100% grassfed ground beef – 2 tsp onion powder – 1 1/2 tsp salt – 1 tsp garlic powder – 1/2 tsp rubbed sage – 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes – 1 package of chopped spinach – 4 cups shredded frozen hashbrowns – 14 large eggs – 1 cup ricotta cheese – 1/3 cup milk – 1 tsp pepper – 3/4 cup Colby Jack Cheese – 1 1/3 cups tomatoes, cut in halves
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown beef with onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, sage, pepper flakes and garlic powder over medium heat in a large skillet (about 7 minutes) then drain excess liquid. Stir in spinach and remove from heat.
2. Put hashbrowns in even layer along the bottom of a greased 9x13inch pan and top with the ground beef mixture. In a large bowl whisk eggs, milk, ricotta cheese, pepper and remaining salt together. Pour this mixture over the hashbrowns and beef in the pan. Sprinkle with cheese and add tomatoes on top.
3. Bake dish uncovered for 45-50 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through. Allow the dish to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
1/2 lb Together Farms 100% grassfed ground beef – 1/2 cup chopped onion – 2 minced garlic cloves – 1 tsp chilli powder – 1/2 tsp ground cumin – 1 can mexican diced tomatoes (drained) – 3/4 cup ricotta cheese – 3 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro – 4 tortillas – 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Brown ground beef with onion and garlic over medium heat. Add in tomatoes and spices. Bring to a boil then remove from heat. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 2 Tbsp cilantro and mozzarella cheese.
2. Place one of the tortillas in the bottom of a 9-inch round baking pan coated with cooking spray. In layers: Add half of the meat mixture, place another tortilla on top, add all of the ricotta mixture, place another tortilla on top, and add remaining meat mixture. Finally top with last tortilla and sprinkle cheddar cheese and cilantro on top.
3. Cover and bake until heated thoroughly for 15-20 minutes.
“Stuffed” Spaghetti Squash
1 medium spaghetti squash – 1 cup water – 3/4 lb Together Farms 100% grassfed ground beef – 1/2 cup chopped red onion – 2 Tbsp yellow mustard – 2 or 3 Tbsp hot sauce – 4 small minced garlic cloves – 1 can (15oz) black beans (rinsed and drained) – 2 cups chopped kale – 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to375°F. Trim ends of spaghetti squash and cut in half lengthwise. Discard of seeds as you go. Place squash cut side down in a microwave safe dish, add 1 inch water and cook for 15-20 minutes, OR place squash cut side down on baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes or until tender.
2. In a large skillet brown the ground beef along with the onion. Drain excess liquid. Add mustard, hot sauce and garlic then cook for 1 more minute. Stir in black beans and kale; cook just until kale wilts (2-3 minutes).
3. Using a fork, separate the strands of spaghetti squash and combine with meat mixture in a bowl. Dollop servings of Greek yogurt on top.